2012 Summer Internship Dates Announced
The 2012 Schooled For Success internship program will be held May 30th and 31st in Knoxville area employment sites. Eighth grade students from across Knox County are eligible to participate. Students will be in their host businesses from approximately 9:15 until 2:30 each day. Planning is underway for over 200 eighth graders to visit area employers to work for two days and explore career opportunities.
The application process for students to participate in the program will begin in late April. Each Knox County middle school has a program facilitator that will make announcements about the application process in April 2012.
Listed below are the employers who have agreed to host students during the 2012 internships. The Knox County School System wishes to thank these partner organizations for opening their doors to our future workforce. Please note that this list will continue to grow throughout the spring as new employers commit to the program.
2012 Internship Participating Employers
- Boy Scouts of America
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Crowne Plaza
- Cumulus Media - Newstalk and the Sports Animal Radio Stations
- D1 Sports Training
- East Tennessee Public Television
- GFS Marketplace
- Hallsdale Powell Utility District
- Joni and Friends
- Junior Achievement of East Tennessee
- Knox County Parks and Recreation
- Knox County Schools Public Affairs Office
- Knox County Sheriff's Department
- Knoxville Police Department
- Knoxville Trane
- Knoxville Zoo
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- News Sentinel
- Sam E. Hill Pre-School
- School Box
- Securities Service Network
- Smee Busby Architects
- Tennessee School of Beauty
- Tennessee Smokies Baseball
- Tennova Physicians Regional Medical Center
- Toyota/Lexus of Knoxville
- University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Tennessee Federal Credit Union
- University of Tennessee Medical Center
- WATE TV6
- Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
Handing off experience, excitement, and interest in future careers . . .
Talented hands with years of experience met the hands of the future to pass along interest, love of careers at the 2010 Schooled for Success Career Fair. (see picture above)
Schooled For Success is the district’s career program for all 4,000 eighth-grade students. The program includes an in-school portfolio, community wide career fair, electronic self-assessment and summer internships. Area businesses can participate by sharing information at the career fair and by hosting students for a two-day internship in late May/early June after the school year has ended.